Friday, July 10, 2009

Adventures in cloth diapering...

If you had asked me before I had Isaac about using cloth diapers, it would not have even crossed my mind. My sister gave me a cloth diaper at my baby shower and in my head I was think...no way on earth I would use it. Oh how a baby can change things!!! We have now been happily using cloth diapers for months now. It all started because Isaac was constantly having issues with diaper rash. I hated always having to use pastes and creams on his sensitive little hiney! After doing some research online, I found that cloth diapers can help prevent diaper rash. There are chemicals in disposable diapers that help them absorb liquids, smell better, etc. Disposable wipes also could be a culprit in rash issues. If preventing a sore south end was not enough...an average child will use $3000 worth of diapers and wipes from birth to potty training. My goal in life, currently, is to be able to stay home with my baby...so anything that will save us money is a winner in my book!!!

Bonus...who know that being cheap would also help reduce my carbon foot print! I just had Adam hang a clothes line in our backyard. So on the days that isn't raining, (which this summer isn't too often) I can hang the diapers out to dry.


2 comments:

Laura Ellen said...

I *love* these pictures. The colors are so artfully arranged ;)

Hello, I'm Lindsey said...

What else do I have to do with my time other than make patterns in my hanging laundry? ;-)