Friday, August 14, 2009

Bellevue Support Group

Before I had a baby, I never really thought that the hospital that I delieverd at would be a big deal. I just assumed that I would go where my doctor went. Well, a while back Bellevue Hospital got a lot of press time because "they" were trying to close it down. My couriostiy was peaked, I googled it.

"Since the founding of Bellevue more than 75 years ago, our sincere goal is to make the birth of your baby an experience that will create wonderful memories for you and your family. We create a safe and personal environment of support for you as you welcome your new baby into the world.

Bellevue offers you a comfortable, home-like environment without sacrificing immediate access to medical technology. Mothers go through labor, give birth, and bond with their newborns in one comfortable suite. Family members and friends are encouraged to participate and offer support in the birth experience. What makes a birth special can be different for each family and for that reason we encourage you to share your vision with us so we can personalize your experience."

This sounded good to me...instead of finding a doctor and going to their hospital, I found a hospital and then a doctor that would deliever there.

Bellevue ended up being part of a wonderful experience. I can't thank the people that cared for me and my baby enough. An additional benefit that Bellevue offers is a breastfeeding support group. I have been going with Isaac the second and fourth Tuesday of every month since he was born. I have met lets of babies and mommies at this group. There is a core group of moms who now do outings in addition to the nursing group. Here is a photo from the last meeting that I attended.

No comments: